Physician Job Description
CoxHealth seeks a BE/BC pediatric neurologist with general neurology interests. This established practice includes outpatient clinic, EEG readings and consultative hospital services at Cox Medical Center South.
- Hospital includes a Level 3 NICU covered by neonatologists
- Hospital includes a 4 to 6 bed PICU covered by pediatric critical care intensivists
- Hospital includes a pediatric floor covered by pediatric hospitalists
- Outpatient clinic is connected to the hospital
- Position includes relationship with CoxHealth's nationally recognized neuroscience program, which offers state-of-the-art care for patients with brain and spine diseases, disorders and injuries
- Pediatric subspecialty care includes cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, sleep medicine and urology
- Excellent compensation
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Sign-on bonus
- Professional liability insurance
- CME allowance
Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
CoxHealth is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All six hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics, hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are the only local health system named six times to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and we are recognized by CareChex as among the Top 10 percent of U.S. hospitals for medical excellence and patient safety in overall medical care.
Why the Springfield Area?
Springfield Missouri is a vibrant and energetic area that serves as a hub for health care, entertainment and shopping for southwest Missouri. It's the third-largest city in Missouri, with a metro population of more than 450,000. Springfield is consistently rated as one of the "Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation" by Money Magazine. It offers outdoor activities, live music, theaters, major sports teams and an established academic community. Enjoy a low cost of living, convenient airport access and top-rated schools.