Get a Price Estimate
If you want to know your cost for an upcoming procedure at CoxHealth, you can use our price estimator. With this tool, you can:
- Get an estimate of your cost for a medical procedure
- Confirm which insurance carriers are accepted at CoxHealth
- Get answers to frequently asked questions regarding the billing process
Price Transparency & Disclosure
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to provide information and guidance regarding the availability and disclosure of price information at CoxHealth Hospital Facilities. This policy documents how CoxHealth complies with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Transparency requirement. Information about pricing of physician services can be obtained directly from the physicians’ office.
CoxHealth believes that in order for prices to be meaningful, a personalized price estimate is needed, and such estimates will be provided upon request and/or offered to the patient at the time of registration on certain scheduled services. Prices for a particular procedure or episode of care varies depending on the specific services provided as well as the degree of complexity and/or specific condition of the patient. Personalized price estimates are CoxHealth’s primary source of price information. To provide meaningful information to consumers, price estimates include, where applicable, facility charges, estimates of payer allowable and patient out-of-pocket responsibility.
Scope: All CoxHealth Hospital and Provider-Based Facility Services
- Price Transparency - The accessibility of the hospital’s standard price information
- Disclosure - The act of making CoxHealth hospitals’ standard price information available to the public
- Price Estimate - A personalized estimate of an individual’s scheduled or anticipated hospital medical service(s), which factors in the typical charges associated with the service(s), the estimated amount the payer will allow, and the estimated patient out-of-pocket expense
Patients may call, write, email or request a price estimate in person at the point of registration as set forth below. Financial counseling and pre-registration staff will provide the requested pricing estimates.