The Weight Is Over – Start Your New Life Today
The road to health can feel like a never-ending uphill climb – you try really hard but the scale doesn’t always reflect your latest diet or exercise regimen. But it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. We’re here to help.
CoxHealth Bariatric and Metabolic Surgical Institute understands that bariatric surgery is a lifelong commitment and offers a variety of support services to help patients before, during and after their procedures.
Why Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery has proven to improve or resolve more than 30 different obesity-related conditions and greatly improve quality of life. The benefits are life changing:
- Excess weight loss greater than 66 percent
- Type 2 diabetes resolves or is completely controlled in nearly 86 percent of patients
- Sleep apnea resolves in over 85 percent of patients
- High blood pressure resolves or improves in 79 percent of patients
- Risk of developing hormone-related cancer reduced by 77 percent
You’re in Good Hands
We practice a multidisciplinary approach to weight loss treatment for longer lasting results. You’ll be treated by board-certified surgeons who specialize in weight loss surgery and are members of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. This team has combined experience of more than 35 years. Throughout our program, individuals will have access to:
- Appointments with bariatric surgeons, a registered dietitian and a counselor.
- Four types of bariatric surgery performed by top bariatric surgeons, often using laparoscopic techniques. These surgeries are gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, duodenal switch and modified duodenal switch.
- Support group, before and after surgery.
Awards & Recognition
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Specialty Center: CoxHealth demonstrates quality care, treatment expertise and better overall patient results. A Blue Distinction Center recognizes lower complication rates and fewer readmissions.
- MBSAQIP Comprehensive Center: CoxHealth meets all criteria as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program to deliver safe, high quality bariatric care.